What’s your right response to a breakup? Do you get angry or find yourself crying constantly about it or do you go out there to find someone to pour it all on?
What should you do after a breakup?
1. The first response is to thank God who is not asleep and is not ignorant of what has happened to you and then pray to him. The Lord is aware and has great plans for you. Praying after a breakup may not come naturally to you but I’m saying this from experience. Prayer is something we do when we want something and it’s also something we do when we want to let go of something. Cast your cares upon him, he wants to take your burden. He wants you at those times when you’re weak so pray.
I have a coaching program which helps you get over your ex and prepares you for your next. I also have a book, “MOVE ON” which was written after many years of trying to get over a difficult breakup/ called off engagement. It’s about you healing properly from your breakup before moving on to your “next”.
Some people have not been able to recover from a breakup without someone holding their hand that’s why I have the heartbreak recovery program which I do in a group or one-on-one. I take you on a 14-day journey with different stages. By the time you’re done, you will be stronger, wiser, and ready for your next relationship.
2. Be honest about your feelings. Don’t put a mask on, let people around you know how you feel. Open up to your parents, your siblings, and your friends. I remember when I cried my eyes out in my friend’s place. It’s okay to be down. Identify how you feel and please don’t bottle it in. It’s good to bring it out. Don’t deny that anything is wrong, admit it.
Tell people that something is wrong. Go to a coach and walk through it together. Find a mature friend who you can vent to. Have a plan of how you can be intentional this season.
3. Give yourself something to work towards. Set some positive goals for your life at that time so that you don’t switch to a mood that can destroy you. If you have goals that you have not gotten around to achieving, use this opportunity to achieve those goals. Maximize this season.
4. Resist the urge to be petty, you know since you’ve been hurt. Being petty doesn’t solve anything. Leave it to God and let it go. It won’t be easy but you have to let go so that you can heal and move forward.
5. Determine to honour God at this time. If you are a Christian, a child of God, this is a great time just to honour God and say “you know what have your way Lord, I’m going to live a life of worship for you. Have your way Lord”. Worship God and honour him. Keep trusting in him, knowing that he has better plans for you.
Single? See some of my offers for your current season